Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Boots and The Party

First of all Numa’s home is sixteen miles from downtown BsAs where the boots are located but that small distance takes a considerable time to traverse with the small roads and traffic. Then there is the heat…it has been in the high nineties each day we have been here so far and today is no exception. Yesterday’s venture into the city by train proved to me that yes I can sweat so much that it runs off my arms and my shorts are constantly soaked through. Today Mike opts to stay home and lends me his bike so Numa and I can ride motos to the city.

Numa and I believe we know the exact street where the “botas” we want are located and head there after stopping to have iced drinks in air conditioning. You would think a/c would be a given but maybe because of the expense many places do not have it or only have it set very low.
We park the bikes, locate the street, and figure we have about a six block distance to canvas in order to find the boots. Each store is narrow and we enter, scan, and leave at least twenty five stores before we start getting worried. We walk to the far end of the street and hit every store all the way back to the beginning. No boots.

We scour the minutia contained in the background of the pictures in my camera for clues to which store might be hiding them and we narrow it down but no boots. It was getting late and we were going to have to head back home soon. Finally Numa remembers that while waiting for Mike the day before we wandered down a side street. We walk that street and after giving up we walk one more block just because we have no more ideas when I spot a familiar storefront. Numa remembers the store but doesn’t think that they had any boots there but I remember differently. I think both Numa and I had resigned ourselves to failing in this aspect and were ready to give up. I have never felt so relieved to find a store.



Numa Riding His KLR in Argentina


I tried to find this dress the following day for a future Valentine's Day gift but failed to find the store :( Just as well as I probably would not have gotten the size right


The "Winning" Pair of Botas. I hope she likes them!

Numa has enlisted his neighbors to host a party this evening at which we are to be the guests of honor. They are a wonderful family and have a nice backyard complete with pool. They really make us feel welcome and we talked, ate, danced, swam, and mimed our way through conversation late into the night.

Party celebrating our accomplishment :-)

In Typical Argentinian Style There is LOTS of Meat ! ! !

Mike being congratulated by Rueben





Dancing ! ! !





They had a little white dog and even though it in no way physically looked like my Weimaraner Tasha it made me miss her. It won't be long now before I am heading home.
Wonder if she remembers me?









No comments: