Monday, January 11, 2010

Lima is OK but...

I am bored out of my gourd! This whole business of Mike's bag getting ripped off is turning into long period of time which I really do not have. It could have just as easily been me who had his bag stolen though so we are in it together for however long it takes. Here is a pic of our humble abode while in Lima.

Many things here in Peru are not exactly cheap but one of these notices is advertising for an apartment with water, electricity, your own bathroom, laundry, and cable TV for $200 Solas a month. That is slightly over $70 U.S.

One thing that is inexpensive is getting a double dip cone of ice cream. I regularly stop and pick up one up for $0.50 U.S. at one of the shops along the street. This might be my favorite "statue" so far on this trip.

Matias and I did some moto maintenance. His was a little more involved than mine but he seemed to relish it. He and a friend own a bar in Medellin Colombia and each works six months a year while the other travels. He truly has a great attitude towards life and was a pleasure to be with.
For all you girls following this trip report I can attest to the fact that Matias has domestic skills as well. There were no Laundry places open as it is Sunday so he b ought some soap and went at it in the tub. So far all I have washed myself are underwear and shirts.
Walking through the Main Plaza in the Barranco district I stumbled across these two coming out of a restaurant. Actually they almost ran me down as I walked by as they were running to escape a tradition similar to our throwing of rice. They happily apologized and here they were gathering themselves before getting into their limo. Limo meaning the car was clean and had a driver. ;-) I wish them all the best!
This Barranco district has some cute details like this old railroad car which now serves as a restaurant.
Yep, I'm bored... If Zoe was here she would know what to do. She is a big town girl while I'm just a small town guy who only puts up with large towns when nec. Come to think of it if Zoe was here I would have some ideas of my own!!! Hopefully tomorrow Mike can get his passport and we can leave this city.
My wish is that your new year is going well. Take care and thank you for reading-John








No comments: