Sorry but for some reason blogspot is not allowing me to add pictures to this. I'm sure it is something I am doing wrong. Greg where are you when I need you?!
Last night we went to dinner with the local BMW riding club here in Veracruz. One of their members just happened to be passing by when Scott's accident occurred and was very helpful in suggesting we take him to his current hospital where one of their club members is a doctor. He was the one to make the call for the ambulance for us while we were lifting the truck off Scott. We are deeply indebted to him. He picked us up at our hotel and we met other guys at an outdoor a cafe for coffees. After we headed to one of the members restaurants, a Bennigan's. It was like being back in the States but we enjoyed the time with them. They were all up on Scott's situation and we discussed dealing with the wrecked moto which is currently 200 km from here in police impound.
The night before we had hit a local tavern and enjoyed singing and drinking with some older gentlemen even though we could not understand one another. They were just working guys like me and were very friendly. Last night though we were with guys with extreme means and very good English. One gentleman's construction company built many of the buildings along Veracruz's version of Miami's coastal drive complete with large expensive hotels, restaurants, etc. They agreed among themselves that Scott's bike could be retrieved with their connections and some money changing hands. They have a hand motion for this like we do for miming counting out dollar bills. Anyway we got home sometime after midnight but before we left a couple of the guys assured me that they would be personally stopping by to see Scott in the hospital today. Quite remarkable as these guys are very busy and have many businesses to attend to.
Today I meet Steve and Olivia at their hotel and take them to see Scott. Let's hope he has been moved out of intensive care so we can see him with extended hours instead of just three times a day for a half hour. Poor Scott! He has been so bored that I charged up then snuck his phone to him so he could play games on it. Then later I brought his charger for the phone after they accepted that he had it and explained that he needed it to recharge his phone to keep in contact with his family. Then I pulled out the laptop and showed them that it was required to use the charging cord. They weren't too thrilled about this but let it go. Now Scott can at least entertain himself until he can have longer visiting hours. He is looking good and his attitude is wonderful. I look forward to being friends with Scott for many years to come.
I received some stressful news that my dear wife Zoe had to go the emergency room last night. A cyst on her ovary burst and caused her incredible pain. With the help of her Mom and brother being there for support and with pain medication she should recover from that but there are other issues. I'm really torn as to what to do. It is quite a helpless feeling to not be able to take care of my losing wife. First I will "do what is in front of me" and make sure Scott is taken care of then decide if I should come home and be with Zoe. It took me a long time to find this wonderful girl and I do not intend to lose her!
Time to get going. I need to shower, get Scott's things ready to transfer to Steve and to map the route to Steve and Olivia's hotel from here. Keeping our fingers crossed for a full recovery of both Scott and Zoe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment